Apply to be part of the first ever HandsOn Corps Alumni Faculty!
The Alumni Faculty members will bring hands on experience in volunteer engagement, development and leadership; Neighboring; and nonprofit capacity building, and will be made up of VISTA and National Direct alums interested in training and supporting future Corps members. We are seeking candidates with diverse experience, so as to offer a range of experiences and information.
The Alumni Faculty offers a valuable opportunity to develop skills in training development and delivery, as well as occasion to consult one-one with members in the field, and develop resources and toolkits. We will offer training and networking opportunities to all alumni faculty members during the one year term. The faculty will work with national service staff, VISTA Leaders and host site staff and members.
We ask that each Alumni Faculty member agree to the following expectations:
- Commit to being a member of the faculty for one year, beginning in August 2011 upon completion of your service term.
- One to Two 1 – 1.5 hour webinar training sessions – preparation/development; delivery and follow up.
- Two consulting sessions with members in the field.
- Provide input of up to 2 resources to share with the field.
- All assignments will be made at least one month in advance, and will be scheduled with the agreement of the alumni faculty member.
To apply for this opportunity to build your resume and develop experience, please submit the following via email to Sara Haas at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 15th, 2011:
- Answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a member of the HandsOn Corps Alumni Faculty?
- What experience do you feel you could share with current HandsOn Corps members?
- What training topics are you most interested in delivering? Please describe your training experience, including both in person and virtual training opportunities